Tuesday, July 10, 2007

July 10 -

The past month-plus has been a whirlwind of travel!

May 24-29 - Lisa & Anne Peyton's estrogen visit to Greensboro, GA to visit some of L's family (see prior blog post)
May 31-June 3 - John's testosterone trip to New Orleans with college buddies
June 15-24 - Whole family to Philadelphia for sister-in-law Amy's ordination, then to Outer Banks of NC for some beach and family time, then back to Philly. In the middle of all that J & L got to steal a night away on ferry-accessible-only Ocracoke Island, NC while Tim, Amy, TR & Gigi babysat! We celebrated our 5th anniversary which occurred on the 15th.
June 25-28 - John to Chicago for a last-minute business trip
June 29-July 5 - Whole family to Janesville, WI (via Chicago, poor John!) for visit with John's parents

All the trips were great (some easier than others). Here Tommy is just 9 months old and already has 4 plane trips under his belt. He and AP are both troopers on the airplane, although T is rather unpredictable and our fellow passengers don't appreciate our family as much with him in the picture. His personality is emerging and he is just darling, but he is really a little hothead. You should hear the blood-curdling scream that he produces when something isn't going his way!

AP also had some wonderful proof of being two during some of this time. Lots of "NO!" and "I want..." and fighting over sitting in the carseat and testing us in every way. Not helping matters was the fact that she got croup during the NC/Philly trip: so bad that we had to go in for breathing treatments and steroids. Scary, especially because Lisa was on her own that week with the kids and was trying to juggle her paying job and her mommy job since daycare was not an option with BOTH kids running fevers. Thank goodness that is behind us now!

Annie-isms:
"Know IS" - as best we can ascertain, means "I don't know"
"Daddy doe?" - Where did Daddy go? She asks this about anyone as soon as they leave the room. Or they can be sitting right in front of her, in which case she wants you to say "I don't KNOW, where DID Daddy go?". Her response is "wight DAY-UH!!!"
"I hungey" = I am hungry
"I sick"
"Watch me" - (becoming much more common lately)
"I made dat" - said with pride about any art/craft project she's involved with
"I wuv woo" - I love you
"Heh-wo?" - ...she has even answered the phone a few times
"I whan..." - I want...(sometimes she thinks about it for awhile, but she is certain that she wants SOMETHING!)
"Pay toys" - Play with toys
"I'LL dewt" - I'll do it (said with great emphasis and enunciation, whenever YOU try to do something for her)

Tommy-isms:
-ha-da, ha-da, ha-da, ha-da, ha-da (contented, interested sound)
-na-na-na-na-na-na-na (when said in screamy voice: frustrated)
-mamamamamama (concentrating)
-is crawling very expertly now - is amazingly fast. His long arms swing out and it's priceless to be at the receiving end of his destination, with his eyes intent on you, grinning widely, making little grunting noises
-easy smiler: upon seeing someone else smile at him, or being asked to pose for a picture even
-loves seeing how things work. Is content to sit quietly in your lap (which is amazing) if you are doing something interesting that he can watch.

For photos, please visit http://www.kodakgallery.com/coloradohofmeisters and click on "June-early July 2007".

No comments: