June 3, 2007
John is in New Orleans partying with his UW-Madison college buds. The kids & I have had a lovely weekend despite his absence. Last night was a highlight. After attending the Capitol Hill People's Fair in Denver (where we luxuriated in the diversity of the People) with "Aunt Bunky", we came home put the little crawler to bed. AP and I were treated to a gentle thunderstorm, which we appreciated from the rocking chair on the front porch. We snuggled up together and listened to the thunder and the rain on the roof, watched the breeze tickle the cottonwood tree, and exclaimed as the sky lit up occasionally. She was eager to name each thing that happened. When it all ended, the crickets serenaded us. She calls them "tickets". I don't know why I am so amused & charmed by this. Perhaps it's the idea of people marveling at a tiny rectangular-shaped piece of heavy paper.
Beautiful Girl
13 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment